We love chocolate pudding! And most of you do too! You’ve tried chocolate pudding just by itself or with a fruit sauce ー raspberry is commonly paired. But have you tried it with pomegranate sauce? Pomegranates are a treasure trove of minerals, vitamins and fibre that help you boost your immune system and fertility. It’ll give you a new and refreshing, sweet and sour kick to the chocolate pudding’s rich taste.
Chocolate Pudding with Pomegranate Sauce
Ingredients for 2 servings
-40 g dates
-120 g kidney beans
-30 g cacao powder
-60 ml dairy-free milk
-4 tbsp maple syrup
-1 tsp vanilla sugar
-1 tsp cornstarch
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Halve pomegranate, break into pieces, and remove seeds.
- Halve orange and squeeze out juice.
- Add the half of the pomegranate seeds and orange juice to a mixer or puree with an immersion blender so that juice can escape.
- Then, pour over a sieve and collect the juice.
- Put juice in a pot, add maple syrup and cinnamon, and heat.
- Combine starch with some cold water and mix. Stir in as soon as the liquid in the pot begins to simmer. Lower the heat and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from stove and allow to cool.
- For the pudding, rinse kidney beans with cold water and drain.
- Blend dates, kidney beans, cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla sugar, and dairy-free milk in a mixer.
- Serve chocolate pudding with pomegranate sauce and remaining pomegranate seeds.
Nutrition facts per serving
What do you want to cook today?
Discover 3 yummy and easy to cook recipes in our App every day! KptnCook is a free app that inspires people to cook at home, providing easy access to a wide range of recipes. Cooking should be easy, fun, and stress-free, which is why KptnCook has partnered with food bloggers from all around the world to bring busy people three new delicious 30 minute recipes every day.
Available for download from Google Play or the App Store today!
Make sure to check out our shop to get yourself a cute new pair of shoes after you have a bite to eat!