What are your plans for this weekend? This summer’s gotten you actively running around with trips and countless outdoor activities. Maybe it’s time to take a break. Why not have a movie night and stay in for a change? Put on your favorite flick, invite a few friends and get cozy under the blankets ー Indulge yourself in a bowl of homemade peanut butter caramel popcorn.
This delightful bowl of gourmet caramelized popcorn with peanut butter (and sprinkles of peanuts) has the perfect natural balance of sweet and salty ー the combination is so delicious that it’ll keep you from chatting during the movie.
Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn
Ingredients for 2 servings
-40 g popcorn
-2 tbsp vegetable oil
-100 g sugar
-50 ml water
-2 tbsp peanut butter
-1 tbsp butter
-30 g peanuts, roasted & unsalted
- Heat oil in a large pot at medium heat. Add 3 kernels of corn, close the lid, and wait until they pop.
- Then, put the rest of the kernels in the pot, but only so many that they form a single layer at the bottom. Cover the pot with the lid and let the corn pop.
- If you don’t hear any more popping, take the popcorn out of the pot and put it in a bowl.
- Finely chop peanuts.
- Put sugar and water in a pot, melt, and simmer until the caramel is golden-brown.
- Add butter, peanut butter, and a pinch of salt, and mix everything well.
- Add peanut-caramel and nuts to the popcorn and mix quickly to distribute the caramel.
- Place popcorn on a piece of parchment paper and allow to cool.
Nutrition facts per serving
What do you want to cook today?
Discover 3 yummy and easy to cook recipes in our App every day! KptnCook is a free app that inspires people to cook at home, providing easy access to a wide range of recipes. Cooking should be easy, fun, and stress-free, which is why KptnCook has partnered with food bloggers from all around the world to bring busy people three new delicious 30 minute recipes every day.
Available for download from Google Play or the App Store today!
Make sure to check out our shop to get yourself a cute new pair of shoes after you have a bite to eat!