Treat yourself to breakfast in bed or have brunch on your porch under the warm summer sun. Start your Saturday morning feeling great with this delicious French toast made with coconut milk and baked blueberries.
This healthy, vegan recipe uses no milk, eggs or butter, but instead, coconut milk. It’s high in nutrients and saturated fatty acids that help lower cholesterol and improve blood pressure. Not only that, it tastes amazing ー giving the French toast a creamy texture and subtle tropical sweetness. Add some fresh fruits of your choice. Then, top it off with some baked blueberries drizzled in maple syrup. And voila! You’re all ready to indulge in your tasty, nutritious morning bliss.
French Toast with Coconut Milk & Baked Blueberries
Ingredients for 2 servings
– 4 slices bread
– 100 ml coconut milk
– 1 banana
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
– 2 tsp coconut oil
– 200 g blueberries
– 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Wash and drain blueberries.
- Place berries on a lining baking tray, drizzle with maple syrup, and bake for 5-7 min.
- Puree coconut milk and banana. Alternatively, mash banana with a fork and mix with coconut milk. Season with cinnamon.
- Dunk bread slices in coconut-banana mixture.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and fry bread slices from both sides until golden brown.
- Serve French toast with baked blueberries.
Nutrition facts per serving
What do you want to cook today?
Discover 3 yummy and easy to cook recipes in our App every day! KptnCook is a free app that inspires people to cook at home, providing easy access to a wide range of recipes. Cooking should be easy, fun, and stress-free, which is why KptnCook has partnered with food bloggers from all around the world to bring busy people three new delicious 30 minute recipes every day.
Available for download from Google Play or the App Store today!
Make sure to check out our shop to get yourself a cute new pair of shoes after you have a bite to eat!