Are you worried about what types of foods to prepare during this holiday season? Not to fear — weAre has partnered with KptnCook, the largest recipe sharing app in Europe, to bring you a series of healthy and creative recipes you can cook right from your home! This recipe is infused with Asian flavors, providing a unique alternative to the classic American sandwich. A great meal for weeknights when you want to eat something delicious, without worrying about committing too much time — in just 30 minutes you’ll be on your way to savory chicken sandwich bliss.
Pulled Chicken Burger
Ingredients for 2 portions
2 burger buns
200 g chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
1/4 napa / chinese cabbage
1/4 bunch radishes
6 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 tsp honey
2 tsp sambal
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- Wash and chop cabbage.
- Peel and coarsely grate carrots.
- Wash radishes, halve, and cut into thin sticks or slices.
- For the dressing: whisk 2 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, and 1 tsp honey. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the prepared ingredients with the dressing and set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and fry in 2 tbsp sesame oil for about 3-4 min. per side.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. Mix 2 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp honey, and 2 tsp sambal.
- Take chicken out of the pan and pull apart using two forks.
- Put it back in the pan, season with ground cinnamon, allspice, and coriander seeds. Fry for about 1 min.
- Add sauce and cook for another 1-2 min.
- Halve the bun, add the pulled chicken and salad then enjoy.
Nutrition facts per serving
What do you want to cook today?
Discover 3 yummy and easy to cook recipes in our App every day! KptnCook is a free app that inspires people to cook at home, providing easy access to a wide range of recipes. Cooking should be easy, fun, and stress-free, which is why KptnCook has partnered with food bloggers from all around the world to bring busy people three new delicious 30 minute recipes every day.
Available for download from Google Play or the App Store today!
Cook in Style! Make sure to check out our shop to get yourself a cute new pair of shoes after you have a bite to eat of our KptnCook Burger!