It’s summer and you want a taste of the great outdoors — maybe you’re the type who likes to go on hikes and road trips. Or maybe you’d prefer to have a quiet, relaxing picnic or walk around the park. Summer warrants countless outdoor activities, and this all natural sweet and salty energy bar is just the perfect snack to pack for your active summer. Made with all natural ingredients including oatmeal, dried tomatoes, olives and maple syrup, this delicious combination of sweet and salty will give you the right amount of boost to keep you energized throughout the day. It’s easy to make and there’s no baking needed.
Sweet and Salty Energy Bars
Ingredients for 6 servings
-120 g oatmeal
-120 g cereals
-30 g dried tomatoes
-30 g green olives
-90 g walnuts
-150 ml maple syrup
-30 g peanut butter
-1.5 tbsp coconut oil
-1 TL tsp chili flakes
- Heat maple syrup in a small pot and simmer for about 10 min. until it thickens.
- Coarsely chop and roast walnuts.
- Chop sundried tomatoes.
- Chop olives.
- Add peanut butter and coconut oil to the syrup and season with chili flakes and salt.
- Mix together oats, cereals, sundried tomatoes, olives, and walnuts.
- Pour syrup over the oat mixture. Mix well so that everything is evenly distributed.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Pour the mass into the prepared baking tray and spread evenly pressing down with a spoon.
- Put into the freezer and let it solidify.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy.
Nutrition facts per serving
What do you want to cook today?
Discover 3 yummy and easy to cook recipes in our App every day! KptnCook is a free app that inspires people to cook at home, providing easy access to a wide range of recipes. Cooking should be easy, fun, and stress-free, which is why KptnCook has partnered with food bloggers from all around the world to bring busy people three new delicious 30 minute recipes every day.
Available for download from Google Play or the App Store today!
Make sure to check out our shop to get yourself a cute new pair of shoes for your travels!